2.27.2009

Balance=Kingdom?

Kurtis, you make me think, man...I can't help but hear your words of "compassion" over "fairness" echoing in my head.   I think about being a student for social justice and wonder if I should rather be leading you guys to being students for social compassion.  
In my head there is a constant struggle for power between rationality and emotion.  With rationality comes justice, structure, and a sense of right and wrong, while emotion brings love, hate, happiness, and anger along with all other passions.  When either side takes over, I find myself either unable to discern properly between repressing feelings which effect my decisions and seeing past the passion which I am so engulfed by at the time.  
Tonight I keep coming back to some sort of balance which I believe only the Holy Spirit can bring to my faulty sense of structure between this immovable object (rationality) and unstoppable force (emotion).  It is with this balance that we are able to successfully control our overflowing emotions while being able to somehow accept the irrational idea of giving up what could be our own gain for someone else.  In other words: Intentional Community, Kingdom Thinking, or Compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment